- Use of the Website includes, but is not limited to, accessing or browsing the Website.
Your use of the Website
- You shall not use the Website for, or send to the Website, anything which, in any way:
5.1. may be contrary to our interests;
5.2. involves your use, delivery or transmission of any viruses, unsolicited communications, Trojan horses, trap doors, cancelbots, back doors, worms, easter eggs, time bombs or computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any data, personal information or system;
5.3. infringes or breaches, or may infringe or breach, the intellectual property rights or privacy or other rights of us or any third party;
5.4. is fraudulent, criminal or not lawful, or which breaches any law, statute, regulation or byelaw of any applicable jurisdiction;
5.5. is contrary to any rule or requirement that we stipulate;
5.6. is misrepresentative or impersonates another person or organisation;
5.7. is obscene, indecent, pornographic, profane, racist, vulgar, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, harmful, threatening, abusive, malicious, hateful, defamatory or derogatory;
5.8. is inaccurate, misleading or out-of-date; or
- If you submit or send to the Website any information or material, that information or material shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use that information or material for the purposes of the Website or our general business purposes. You hereby waive your moral rights in respect of such information or material, such that we do not need to identify you as the author of that information or material and we may amend or modify it as we consider, in our absolute discretion, to be appropriate.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party that claims that any content posted or submitted by you in relation to the Website infringes their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy or confidentiality.
- You shall comply at all times with our instructions for use of the Website.
- You shall not use any automated means (such as scripts) to access the Website, or collect any information from the Website, unless we explicitly agree in writing to allow you to do so.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to carry out repairs, maintenance or introduce new facilities and functions in respect of all or any part of the Website.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information and materials on the Website are correct, no warranty or representation, express or implied, is given that they are complete, accurate, up-to-date, fit for a particular purpose and, to the extent permitted by law and we shall not have any liability (subject to paragraph 25 below) for any errors or omissions. You will have access to content and information posted on the Website in respect of certain law firms and businesses; you acknowledge that much of the content of and information on the Website is generated by those law firms and businesses and not by us. You acknowledge that you rely on such content and information at your own risk and that we shall not have any liability (subject to paragraph 25 below) for that content and information and any reliance you place on it.
- You acknowledge that the content of the Website is not exclusive to the Website, and that such content may be available through media other than the Website.
Availability, accuracy and security of the Website
- Access to the Website is made available free of charge.
- The content on the Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
- From time to time, we may carry out maintenance or repairs to the Website, or update the Website with new functionality.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to make the Website available 24 hours a day. Subject to paragraph 25 below, we shall not have any liability if the Website is unavailable for any period or at any time.
- We do not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free or secure from unauthorised access, or that it will meet your individual requirements. Whilst we use our reasonable endeavours to make the Website available, we shall not have any liability (subject to paragraph 25 below) if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any time or for any period. We make no warranty that your access to the Website will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free. Due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, from time to time either host the Website on our own servers or use third party suppliers to do so in whole or in part. You acknowledge that we may from time to time without prior notice and without the need for prior agreement provide reasonable additional obligations or requirements on users or reasonably restrict users’ rights due to the requirements of the third party suppliers.
- We may suspend or withdraw from any user access to the Website for any reason, temporarily or permanently, at any time without notice, and you shall not circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any such action.
- We may impose restrictions for any reason on access to the Website at any time without notice, and you shall not circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any such action.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any connections, hardware, software or any equipment that you use is compatible with the Website, and, subject to paragraph 25 below, we shall not have any liability for any damage caused to, or viruses or other information which may effect, any such connections, hardware, software or equipment due to your access to the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- Subject to paragraph 25 below, we shall not have any liability for the actions of third parties.
- We accept liability for:
26.1. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
26.2. our fraudulent misrepresentation; and
26.3. any other liability that we cannot exclude or limit at law.
- Subject to paragraph 25 above, and to the extent permitted by law:
27.1. our maximum liability (whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation, negligence, restitution or under any other legal head of liability):
27.1.1. in relation to your use of or inability to use, or delay in use of, or reliance on any content displayed on, the Website or any material in it or accessible from it; or
27.1.2. arising from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Website or any such material;
shall be £100; and
27.2. we shall not have any liability (whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation, negligence, restitution or under any other legal head of liability):
27.2.1. in relation to your use or inability to use of, or delay in use of, or reliance on any content displayed on, the Website or any material in it or accessible from it; or
27.2.2. arising from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Website or any such material;
for any: (i) indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or expenses; (ii) loss of actual or anticipated profits; (iii) loss of contracts; (iv) loss of use of money; (v) loss of anticipated savings; (vi) loss of revenue; (vii) loss of goodwill; (viii) loss of reputation; (ix) loss of business; (x) ex gratia payments; (xi) loss of operation time; (xii) loss of opportunity; (xiii) loss caused by the diminution in value of any asset; or (xiv) loss of, damage to, or corruption of, data; whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of such losses being incurred. For the avoidance of doubt, (ii) to (xiv) (inclusive) of this paragraph 26.2 apply whether such losses are direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- All names, logos and related names, design marks and slogan used by us are trade marks or service marks of us or our licensees.
- Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, database rights and any other rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) in all information, data, text, photographs, images, graphics and materials (together “Materials“) on the Website, and the design, layout, “look and feel” and appearance of the Website, is owned by us or licensed to us by third parties. You are permitted to use and download Materials or extracts from the Website to a local hard disk and print copies, subject to all of the following:
31.1. your use of the Website and any Materials is for your internal, personal, private use only;
31.2. except to the extent provided by law, you must not use, copy, reproduce, republish, post, broadcast or transmit any part of the Website or any Materials for any other purpose without our express prior written consent. This includes (but is not limited to) not reproducing or storing any part of the Website or any Materials in any other website or in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service;
31.3. you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from the Website in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, videos or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
31.4. except as we expressly permit, you must not in any way modify any Materials on the Website;
31.5. our copyright notice (e.g. © Free Legal Advice Centre Limited 2014) or, where indicated, the notice of our licensors, must appear in all electronic or hard copies of any Materials or extracts from the Website;
31.6. when you lawfully or with our consent copy, reproduce, republish, post, broadcast, transmit, print or quote from any of the Website or any Materials, you must do so fairly and give due accreditation to us, our clients and the Website. You shall also do so in accordance with any restrictions which we stipulate on the Website;
Third party websites
- We have no control over the content of any website to which a link from the Website exists (unless we are the provider or operator of those linked websites). Subject to paragraph 25 above, we shall have no liability for the content of those linked websites. Those websites are provided “as is” with no express or implied warranty for their content. By providing a link to those websites, we do not provide any endorsement or recommendation of those websites, their content or their operators or owners.
- Unless we provide our written consent for you to do so, you shall not frame the Website onto your own or another person’s website.
- We hereby grant to you a royalty-free, non-exclusive, revocable licence to provide a link from your website to the homepage of the Website; however, you must do so in a legal and fair way without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it, and:
34.1. you shall not establish a link to the Website on any website that is not owned by you;
34.2. you shall not say anything that is false, misleading, derogatory or offensive about us or our services;
34.3. you shall not make any warranties or representation about us or our services without our prior written consent;
34.4. you shall not say or suggest that we have endorsed your website or are associated with it without our prior written consent; and
34.5. you may not charge any fee to any third party in order to use such link or to otherwise access the Website and, if you act in breach of this paragraph 33.5, you agree that any such fee that you have received shall become immediately payable by you back to such third party.
We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice.
- We may change or update the Website and its content at any time without notice to you. However, please note that any content on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are not under any obligation to update that content.